Waterjet cutting involves the use of a thin, high-pressure stream of water to produce parts, shapes, or components. The pressure of the water stream, or jet, is created by a specially-designed pump, and it is usually in the range of 50,000 to 60,000 pounds per square inch (PSI).
Waterjet machines cut all types of metals: hardened tool steel, aluminium, titanium, and a host of exotic metals that prove difficult to cut with other tools or processes. Cutting with a waterjet produces a smooth edge with no burn marks, cracking or excess burrs. In addition, since waterjet is a cold cutting method, there are no heat-affected zones.
- A high pressure pump that increases the water pressure to about 4,000 bar. This allows it to cut almost any material.
- The nozzle that adjusts the water jet very precisely and in a targeted way so that it can cut accurately. This nozzle can be equipped with an abrasive mixing line to mix it with the water.
- Cutting tables that help to adjust the position of the nozzle for even greater precision.
- A pre-set configuration panel that can be used to automatically create the cutting shape.
- The cutting process is cold, eliminating the risk of melting, tearing, hardening or deformation. The absence of heat and dust creates an even safer and environmentally friendly working environment.
The process of waterjet cutting can be applied to create shapes and cutouts of virtually any degree of complexity.
Metal Fabrication Services
pROVIDING WORLD CLASS MACHINERY SERVICES
Atlantic Advanced Power Technologies (AAPT) is a full-service manufacturing facility located in Prince Edward Island, Canada. AAPT offers manufacturing services and is dedicated to providing high quality of service and support to industries such as: Shipbuilding, Oil & Gas, Energy, Agricultural, Food Processing, Electrical, and Aerospace.
AAPT is an ISO 9001:2015 registered company and has welding accreditations with CWB W47.1 & ASME B31.1.
Our state-of-the-art 30,000 sq. ft. facility, enables us to be on the cutting-edge of technology and consistently deliver high quality components on time and on budget.
AAPT also offers onsite electrical engineering and integration services facilitated through our sister company Aspin Kemp & Associates (aka-group.com).
Atlantic Advanced Power Technologies (AAPT) is a full-service manufacturing facility located in Prince Edward Island, Canada.
WE ARE HIRING
We are always looking for Precision Machinists, Assembly Workers, Welders/Fabricators, Draftspersons, and Engineers. Join our team!
Atlantic Advanced Power Technologies
4555 AA MacDonald Hwy.
Cardigan, PE C0A 1G0